In selecting the 2023 National NAIDOC Week winning artwork, the Committee will consider the following:
- How well the artwork reflects the 2023 National NAIDOC Week Theme: For Our Elders
- The cultural appropriateness of the artwork
- The artwork’s Appeal to a broad audience
- The extent to which the artwork represents National NAIDOC Week as a celebration
- Whether the artwork is in an appropriate format and style for conversion into a printable poster
Please note that if an artwork contains the Aboriginal Flag it must also contain the Torres Strait Islander flag and vice versa.
Please note that artwork cannot consist solely of a photograph and will not eligible for entry.
- Participating artists must be aged 16 years or older at the time that the Entry Form is submitted
- Where a participating artist is under the age of 18, the artist’s adult parent/guardian must complete the Entry Form by stating their own name on behalf of the name of the artist to indicate their agreement with these terms and conditions on behalf of the artist
- Group entries will be considered providing each artist within that group submits an Entry Form, and all artists are aged 16 years or older at the time the Entry Form is submitted
- Artwork should not be framed or mounted behind glass
- The decision of the Competition judges will be final and absolute. No correspondence about the judges’ decision will be entered into
- The artist may submit only one artwork (entry)
- The National NAIDOC Week Poster Competition closes on Monday 6 February 2023 at 8:00pm (AEDT)
The winning artwork is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the 2023 National NAIDOC Week Poster Competition.