The National NAIDOC Committee (NNC) is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from local NAIDOC Committees and other suitable organisations from across the country that are keen for their city to be the Focus City for the 2023 or 2024 National NAIDOC Awards ceremony.
The successful Focus City will be announced at the National NAIDOC Awards Ceremony on Saturday 2 July 2022.
If you’re interested in making your home the National NAIDOC Focus City, submit an Expression of Interest form by Friday 8 April 2022 11:59pm (AEST) addressing the following selection criteria:
- The city has a rich Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander history and continuing cultures.
- The applicant has support from the community for the Expression of Interest to be submitted and a willingness to work with the NNC.
- The applicant has the ability and authority to advise on and facilitate local cultural protocols, Elders and Welcome to Country representatives.
- Please outline the intended positive outcomes for the community if selected as the National NAIDOC Focus City
- Please outline whether your city has a suitable venue with capacity to hold a minimum of 1200 guests in a gala dinner style event with room for a large stage and dance floor, as well as a suitable range of accommodation options for interstate guests.
- The location has not hosted the National NAIDOC Awards within the last five years.
*Committee and local arrangements in the Focus City
- National NAIDOC activities in the Focus City are governed solely by the NNC, supported by the NAIDOC Secretariat.
- All funding and arrangements for local NAIDOC Week activities in the Focus City are independent of the National NAIDOC Awards event, and are the responsibility of the local community.
- The NNC has no role in local NAIDOC activities in the Focus City.
Please limit responses to no longer than 1500 words.
Expression of Interest close on Friday 8 April 2022 11:59PM (AEST).
When you submit your expression of interest, you will receive an email confirming that it has been received. If you do not receive an email, your expression of interest has not been successfully received. Please contact the National NAIDOC Secretariat if there are any problems at: NAIDOC@niaa.gov.au.