Calling for expressions of interest to be the 2020 or 2021 National NAIDOC Awards Ceremony Focus City!
The National NAIDOC Committee is currently seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from across the country to be the Focus City for the 2020 or 2021 National NAIDOC Awards ceremonies.
Local NAIDOC Committees and other suitable organisations are invited to submit EOIs by Friday 5 April 2019 (5pm AEDT).
The National NAIDOC Committee will select the 2020 and 2021 Focus City for the NAIDOC Awards ceremony from a merit list of suitable EOIs. The successful Focus City is announced each year at the National NAIDOC Awards Ceremony.
If you’re interested in making your home the National NAIDOC Focus City, submit an Expression of Interest addressing the following criteria:
- The city has a rich Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander history and continuing cultures.
- The applicant has support from the community for the Expression of Interest to be submitted and a willingness to work with the National NAIDOC Committee.*
- The applicant has the ability and authority to advise on and facilitate local cultural protocols, Elders and Welcome to Country representatives.
- What are the intended positive outcomes for the community from being the National NAIDOC Focus City?
- The location has a suitable venue with capacity to hold a minimum of 1200 guests in a gala dinner style event with room for a large stage and dancefloor; as well as a suitable range of accommodation options to accommodate interstate guests.
- The location has not hosted the National NAIDOC Awards within the last five years.
*Committee and local arrangements in the focus city
- National NAIDOC activities in the focus city are governed solely by the National NAIDOC Committee (the Committee), supported by the Committee Secretariat.
- All funding and arrangements for local NAIDOC Week activities in the focus city are independent of the National NAIDOC Awards event, and are the responsibility of the local community.
- The Committee has no role in local NAIDOC activities in the focus city.
Please limit responses to no longer than 1500 words.
Expressions of Interest close at 5pm (AEDT) on Friday 5 April 2019.
When you submit your expression of interest, you will receive an email confirming that it has been received. If you do not receive an email, your expression of interest has not been successfully received. Please contact the National NAIDOC Secretariat if there are any problems at NAIDOC@pmc.gov.au