The Caring for Country Award recognises the contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities who care for Country – the land, waters and all living things – conserving our biodiversity and protecting our environment for future generations.This Award nomination is open to an individual, a community or a project.
Please use the following selection criteria to nominate an individual, community or project for the Caring for Country Award:
- Demonstrated accomplishments in relation to caring for Country
- Demonstrated engagement with community and/or other stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership in caring for Country
- Demonstrated benefits to Country
- Demonstrated benefits to community
- If a nominating a project, please provide details of the project and the people involved.
- If you are nominating a community project, please provide details about the community.
- Please note that if the nomination is successful, only two representatives will be invited to attend the National NAIDOC Awards Ceremony held in Canberra on Saturday 6 July 2019.
Inspiration past winners include the Manymak Energy Efficiency Project and the Minjerribah Moorgumpin Elders-in-Council Aboriginal Corporation. Find out more about the 2018 winner Mungalla Aboriginal Business Corporation who incorporate a viable cattle station with cultural and eco-tourism activities.