The Caring for Country Award recognises the contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities who care for Country – the land, waters and all living things – conserving our biodiversity and protecting our environment for future generations. This Award nomination is open to an individual, a community or a project.
Please use the following selection criteria to nominate an individual, community or project for the Caring for Country Award:
- Demonstrated accomplishments in relation to caring for Country
- Demonstrated engagement with community and/or other stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership in caring for Country
- Demonstrated benefits to Country
- Demonstrated benefits to community
- If a nominating a project, please provide details of the project and the people involved.
- If you are nominating a community project, please provide details about the community.
- Please note that if the nomination is successful, only two representatives will be invited to attend the National NAIDOC Awards Ceremony held Alice Springs on Saturday, 11 July 2020.
Inspiration past winners include Mungalla Aboriginal Business Corporation who incorporate a viable cattle station with cultural and eco-tourism activities and Littlewell Working Group who have preserved land, stores and cultural knowledge through the creation of the Littlewell Reserve, now a heritage site.